Navigate / search

Free/Reduced Meals

To apply for free or reduced price meals or milk, use the application process that has been mailed to each family.

Free and Reduced Application and Guide 2020-2021

Children need healthy meals to learn. Edgerton Public School District offers healthy meals every school day. Elementary children (Grades K-6) may purchase a lunch for $2.30, and High School students may purchase a lunch for $2.55. Breakfast is offered to everyone. All students can purchase a breakfast for $1.60. ALL Kindergarten students receive breakfast for FREE!
Your children may qualify for free meals or for reduced price meals. Our Computerized Meal System ensures no student may be identified as being approved for subsidized meals when receiving their lunch.

Here are some frequently asked questions about free or reduced priced meals:

Do I need to fill out an application for each child?
No. Complete the application to apply for free or reduced price meals. Use one Free and Reduced Price School Meals Application for all students in your household. We cannot approve an application that is not complete, so be sure to fill out all required information.

Return the completed application to:
Edgerton Public Schools, 423 1st Ave W, Edgerton MN 56128

Who can get free meals?
Children in households getting SNAP Benefits or cash benefits and most foster children can get free meals regardless of your income. Also, if your household income is within the free limits on the Federal Income Guidelines.

Who can get reduced price meals?
Your children can get low cost meals if your household income is within the reduced price limits on the Federal Income Chart, shown on this application.

I get WIC. Can my child(ren) get free meals?
Children in households participating in WIC may be eligible for free or reduced price meals. Please fill out an application.

Will the information I give be checked?
Yes, we may ask you to send written proof.

If I don’t qualify now, may I apply again later?
Yes. You may apply at any time during the school year if your household size goes up, income goes down, or if you start getting Food Stamps, W-2 Cash Benefits or other Benefits. If you lose your job, your children may be able to get free or reduced price meals during the time you are unemployed.

May I apply if someone in my household is not a U.S. citizen?
Yes. You or your child(ren) do not have to be a U.S. citizen to qualify for free or reduced price meals.

Who should I include as members of my household?
You must include all people living in your household, related or not (such as grandparents, other relatives, or friends). You must include yourself and all children who live with you.

What if my income is not always the same?
List the amounts that you normally get. For example, if you normally get $1000 each month, but you missed some work last month and only got $900, put down that you get $1000 per month. If you normally get overtime, include it, but not if you get it only some of the time.

We are in the military. Do we include our housing allowance as income?
If your housing is part of the Military Housing Privatization Initiative, do not include your housing allowance as income. All other allowances must be included in your gross income.