Navigate / search

Free/Reduced Meals

 All schools are required to complete direct certification. Households that are receiving FoodShare, FDPIR or W-2 cash benefits do not have to fill out an application. School officials will notify you of your child’s eligibility and your child will be provided free benefits, unless you tell the school that you do not want benefits. If you are not notified by August 15, submit an application at that time each year.

To apply for free or reduced price meals, use this Discounted Milk/Lunch Application, which can be printed using acrobat reader. Use one application for all students in your household attending the same school. We cannot approve an application that is not complete, so be sure to fill out all required information. Return the completed application to: Lynn Beinecke, PO Box 8, Wilmot WI 53192. Phone Number 262-862-9005.

Children need healthy meals to learn. Wilmot High School offers healthy meals every school day. Your children may qualify for free meals or reduced price meals. Reduced price is $.30 for breakfast and $.40 for lunch. Our Computerized Meal System ensures no student may be identified as being approved for subsidized meals when receiving their meal.

Here are some frequently asked questions about free or reduced priced meals:

Who can get free or reduced price meals?

Children in households getting FoodShare, FDPIR or W-2 cash benefits and most foster children can get free meals regardless of your income. Also, your children can get free price meals if your household income is within the free limits on the Federal Income Guidelines.

Can homeless, runaway and migrant children get free meals?

Please call Danny Djordjevic, 262-862-2351 X313, to see if your child(ren) qualify, if you have not been informed that they will get free meals.

Should I fill out an application if I got a letter this school year saying my children are approved for free or reduced price meals?

Please read the letter you got carefully and follow the instructions. Call the school at 262-862-9005 if you have questions.

I get WIC. Can my child(ren) get free meals?

Children in households participating in WIC may be eligible for free or reduced price meals. Please fill out an application.

Will the information I give be checked?

Yes, we may ask you to provide written proof.

If I don’t qualify now, may I apply again later?

Yes. You may apply at any time during the school year if your household size goes up, income goes down, or if you start getting Food Stamps or W-2. If you lose your job, your children may be able to get free or reduced price meals during the time you are unemployed.

What if I disagree with the school’s decision about my application?

You should talk to school officials. You also may ask for a hearing by calling or writing to: Chris Trottier, Principal; PO Box 8; Wilmot WI 53192; 262-862-2351 X310

May I apply if someone in my household is not a U.S. citizen?

Yes. You or your child(ren) do not have to be a U.S. citizen to qualify for free or reduced price meals.

What if my income is not always the same?

List the amount that you normally get. For example, if you normally get $1,000 each month, but you missed some work last month and only got $900, put down that you get $1,000 per month. If you normally get overtime, include it, but not if you get it only some of the time.

We are in the military, do we include our housing allowance as income?

If your housing is part of the Military Housing Privatization Initiative, do not include your housing allowance as income. All other allowances must be included in your gross income.

If you have other questions or need help, call 262-862-9005

Si necesita ayuda, por favor llame al telefono: 262-862-9005


Lynn Beinecke, District Secretary