Navigate / search

Free/Reduced Meals

Breakfast and Lunches are available at no charge to all students until further notice

To apply for free or reduced price meals or milk, use the Free and Reduced Price Application, which can be printed using acrobat reader. We cannot approve an application that is not complete, so be sure to fill out all required information. Return the completed application to: Oconto Falls Food Service, 210 N. Farm Rd., Oconto Falls, WI 54154.

Free & Reduced Application 2019-2020

Free & Reduced Application 2018-2019 FAQ’s and Instructions


Children need healthy meals to learn. Oconto Falls School District offers healthy meals every school day. Grades EC-K may purchase a lunch for $2.50, Elementary (Grades 1-5) is $2.75, the secondary schools (Grades 6-12) price is $3.00. Breakfast is priced at $1.95 for all students. Your children may qualify for free meals or for reduced price meals. Reduced price is $.30 for breakfast and $.40 for lunch. Our Computerized Meal System ensures no student may be identified as being approved for subsidized meals when receiving their lunch or milk.  If your child is in EC, 4K, or 5K and qualifies for free or reduced meals then their WI School Day Milk in the classroom is covered at no cost.  

Here are some frequently asked questions about free or reduced priced meals:

Do I need to fill out an application for each child?

No. Complete the application to apply for free or reduced price meals. Use one Free and Reduced Price School Meals Application for all students in your household. We cannot approve an application that is not complete, so be sure to fill out all required information. Return the completed application to: Oconto Falls School District, 210 N. Farm Rd., Oconto Falls, WI 54154

Who can get free meals?

Children in households getting FoodShare the Food Distribution Program on Indian REservations (FDPIR) or W-2 Cash Benefits, can get free meals regardless of your income. Also, your children can get free meals if you household’s gross income is within the free limits on the Federal Income Eligibility Guidelines.

Can Foster Children get free meals?

Yes, foster children that are under the legal responsibility of a foster care agency or court, are eligible for free meals. Any foster child in the household is eligible for free meals regardless of income.

Can homeless, runaway, and migrant children get free meals?

Yes, children who meet the definition of homeless, runaway, or migrant qualify for free meals. If you haven’t been told your children will get free meals, please call Oconto Falls School Homeless Liaison coordinator at 920-848-4467 to see if they qualify.

Who can get reduced price meals?

Your children can get low cost meals if your household income is within the reduced price limits on the Federal Income Eligibility Guidelines, shown on this application.

Should I fill out an application if I received a letter this school year saying my children are approved for free meals?

Please read the letter carefully and follow the instructions. Call the school at 920-848-4467 if you have questions.

My child’s application was approved last year. Do I need to fill out another one?

Yes. Your child’s application is only good for that school year and for the first few days of this school year. You must send in a new application unless the school told you that your child is eligible for the new school year.

I get WIC. Can my child(ren) get free meals?

Children in households participating in WIC may be eligible for free or reduced price meals. Please fill out an application.

Will the information I give be checked?

Yes, we may ask you to send written proof.

If I don’t qualify now, may I apply again later?

Yes. You may apply at any time during the school year. For example, children with a parent or guardian who becomes unemployed may become eligible for free and reduced price meals if the household income drops below the income limit.

What if I disagree with the school’s decision about my application?

You should talk to school officials. You also may ask for a hearing by calling or writing to: Dean Hess, 200 Farm Road, Oconto Falls WI 54154.

May I apply if someone in my household is not a U.S. citizen?

Yes. You or your child(ren) do not have to be a U.S. citizen to qualify for free or reduced price meals.

Who should I include as members of my household?

You must include all people living in your household, related or not (such as grandparents, other relatives, or friends), who share income and expenses. You must include yourself and all children who live with you. If you live with other people who are economically independent (for example, people who you do not support, who do not share income with you or your children, and who pay a pro-rated share of expenses), do not include them.

What if my income is not always the same?

List the amounts that you normally get. For example, if you normally get $1000 each month, but you missed some work last month and only got $900, put down that you get $1000 per month. If you normally get overtime, include it, but not if you get it only sometimes. If you have lost a job or had your hours or wages reduced, use your current income.

We are in the military. Do we include our housing allowance as income?

If you get an off-base housing allowance, it must be included as income. However, if your housing is part of the Military Housing Privatization initiative, do not include your housing allowance as income.

My spouse is deployed to a combat zone. Is his/her combat pay counted as income?

No, if the combat pay is received in addition to his/her basic pay because of his/her deployment and it wasn’t received before he/she was deployed, combat pay is not counted as income. Contact your school for more information.

My Family needs more help. Are there other programs we might apply for?

To find out how to apply for Food Share or other assistance benefits, contact your local assistance office or call 1-800-362-3002.

If you have other questions or need help, call Jenni Faccio at 920-848-4467.

Si necesita ayuda, por favor llame al telefono: Jenni Faccio at 920-848-4467.

Sivousvoudriz d’aide, contactez nous au numero: Jenni Faccio at 920-848-4467.


Dean Hess

School District Superintendent