Taher’s Focus on Nutrition
We’re food people. Our approach is chef-based, which means everything we do revolves around our chefs’ passion for fresh, high-quality ingredients, meals cooked from scratch, and globally inspired recipes.
It also means we’re keenly focused on nutrition.
We simply couldn’t call ourselves food people if we weren’t committed to serving only the healthiest dishes. We believe good food is good for you… period. But we’re also conscious of the health crisis facing the United States. With childhood obesity reaching epidemic proportions, and the onset of type 2 diabetes increasing every year, it has become every food service providers’ responsibility to scrutinize their practices and move toward healthier offerings.
Taher’s Food 4 Life initiative represents our commitment, in every stage of our operations, to promote our customers’ healthy diet choices.
We purchase as many products as possible; more and more every year, from local farms and organic producers. Our experienced dietitians shape our menus according to the most progressive nutritional knowledge. Taher is the first food service management company in the nation to commit to a total elimination of trans fats from our menu.
We also give our customers the tools to make healthy choices on their own. Along with making nutritional information for the foods we serve instantly available online, we also publish a quarterly Food 4 Life flyer, including tips on healthy lifestyles, environmental issues, and food trends. Plus, since lifelong habits are formed at the K-12 and college levels, we work with school staff to incorporate nutrition into curriculum.
Because, at our core, we simply want our customers to eat what’s best — now and for life.
Food 4 Life Belief Statement
Taher recognizes that nutrition and eating habits have changed over the years, and we are concerned about the impact of these changes on our customers. Consequently:
- We are committed to the health and wellness of our customers and the future of our children.
- We serve food that is fresh, high-quality, wholesome, minimally processed, and promotes a sustainable future.
- Through our Chef Council and Wellness Department, we develop recipes and research new products that support a healthy lifestyle.
- We promote wellness and the teaching of healthy, lifelong eating habits.
- We lead the way in wellness and nutrition and continue to be a leader in our industry.